PC MHA for Baie Verte – Springdale
Kevin was born in Roddickton, White Bay, Newfoundland in 1958. He is the son of Audrey Pollard and the late Samuel Pollard. He married Linda Batten of Foxtrap, C.B.S. in 1982. They have three daughters: Gillian, a nurse, Danielle, a teacher, and Hannah who attends Indian River High in Springdale.
He graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland in 1980 with a Bachelor of Physical Education and a Bachelor of Education. He has 28 years of teaching experience.
Kevin has extensive volunteer involvement:
- Served Springdale Town Council since 2001 as Councillor, Deputy Mayor and Mayor.
- Rural Secretariat Member for the Grand Falls/Windsor/Baie Verte/Harbour Breton region for the past three years.
- Community Advisory Committee (CAC) member for Central Regional Integrated Health Authority.
- Vice President of Green Bay NLTA Branch for two years.
- President of Swim NL – Summer Section for three years.
- Chairperson of Emerald Zone Corporation for one year.
- Emerald Zone Corporation Education representative for four years.
- Physical Education District Committee member for eighteen years.
- Newfoundland and Labrador High School Athletic Federation (School Sports) Executive Board member for three years.
- Coached various and numerous school sports teams for over twenty-five years.
- Springdale Community Television Executive Board member for ten years.
Kevin was first elected in the Baie Verte – Springdale by-election on August 27, 2008 and sworn in as the MHA on September 12, 2008. He was re-elected in the October 11, 2011 general election.